Overall "Back-to-Cabo" Report

>> Monday, August 28, 2006


It's definitely a season of change, for me. (To quote RENT.)

I'm very emotional these days - I think just about anything could make me cry. I'm not big on feeling like this, as I'd much prefer to laugh, however...I'm dealing. I'm transitioning, right?

Yesterday I commented to my sister that I couldn't find anything - I keep misplacing everything. If I set something down, I can't even a.) remember where I put it or b.) remember what I was looking for. I can't even speak without stuttering. I think I'm just utterly discombobulated or something.

Work went just fine today. After work, I had a small breakdown. (See above.) Then, went running on the golfcourse next to my sister's house with Kiera, my nephew's blue heeler. (She's awesome. A great running companion, as well.) And, now I feel much, much better. (Thanks to my brother's pep talk and my sister's unbelievably graciousness and hospitality.)

Tonight, I'm co-habitating with my new roommate: Chloe. .(7-yr-old niece). Pictures of her newly-designed room, to come. I am sleeping in her new twin sleigh bed, she is respectively sleeping in the trundle to my immediate right. It's the first night she's slept in her own bedroom in probably 2 years. (My brother had been inhabiting it previous to my arrival.)

Part of my "roommate" duties are that I read to her before bed. (I enacted these duties, as I love to read and I thought it would be good Auntie/Niece bonding time.) Tonight we read the first chapter of Charlotte's Web. And I don't know what was greater - reading a literary classic, or having Chloe lay on my shoulder as I read. **Sigh**

--

This experience, of living with my sister, niece, nephew and brother is bound to be memorable and wonderful. I'm so excited to interact regularly with these dear family members-0-mine. Quite honestly - this is just the coolest adventure ever.

--

Husband sidenote: C. is being wonderfully supportive right now. He deals with my emotions ever-so-gently and encouragingly. I'm so blessed and lucky to have him. I do love him with all my heart. It's a pretty great husband who encourages his wife to follow her dreams.

3 comments:

Sarah 5:05 AM  

tears. :)

Tiny 6:36 AM  

Aw... Even I can't wait until you too can be together full-time again:)

Also, I'm going to call my siblings tonight as a result of reading this post...:)

Malissa 12:32 PM  

Amazingly fabulous husband to support his wife who is living one big adventure that she will never regret.

Post a Comment