I'm here!

>> Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ok, forgive me - it's late and I'm tired. This may just be a mess of a post. (I'm too tired to post an image, too. FYI.)

But - I'm here!

It was a long day. Note to self: take the early flight out of DTW whenever possible.

The first flight was filled with show cats, 3 ill-behaved male children and no arm rests.

The second flight was heaven. A sheer delight. Smooth take-off, smooth-landing. And - get this: I had a whole row to myself. A WHOLE row. Beautiful.

Immigration/customs in Cabo also went well. Very quick. Very. No problems there. Although, I am not all that great at manuevering two large suitcases. I kept hitting walls, poles and a couple of tourists. Ah-well.

Another note: Don't ever buy silver luggage. It's awesome that you can find it so quickly on the little luggage turnstyle thingy - but it's just so dirty already. Ugh.

Right as I was finished going through customs, I exited and heard, "Aunt Kyleeeeeee!!!! Helloooo!!!!" :-) Chloe was there, with her friend Marianna (sp?) and Bry. Super-great. Super lovely. Trish was in the car waiting. Very nice. Very nice.

We got back to the house in no time at all to find that the girls' had concocted a surprise for me. A LOVELY, heart-shaped cake (go TRISH.) with amazing decorations in a confetti-style of colors. Loved it. It said, "Tia Kylee, Bienvenido!" (Welcome, Aunt Kylee!" ) SO NICE. We also had champagne (me, Trish and her best friend, Aida (sp?) and we toasted my new adventure. I believe the toast, which was eloquently said by my brother, was "Here's to more estrogen in the house." :-)

After the lovely cake, we ate and chatted by the pool. Then, Chloe took me by the hand and showed me to my "suite." (Max's room. He's away. At camp.)

I'm currently residing in the very comfortable suite, with the lovely, cream-colored sheets and creamy vanilla scented candle. It's positively perfect.

So, I'm feeling: excited. exhausted. loved. ready.

I'll start my workday around noon tomorrow. I'm pumped.

Did I mention that I already heard the ocean?

My brother has already asked me if I'm ok several times and I must say, I appreciate it. A lot.
The support I'm going to receive from my family in the next coming months is going to be precisely what I need. (Note: Just now, I phoned my brother, who is in the next room, to tell him that I think I saw a mouse. :-) He came over and checked it out. Yup. I'm thankful for family.)

Goodnight.

4 comments:

Wrestling Kitties 6:37 AM  

Oh Kylee!!!! How exciting and nice of your family!! I am SO excited for you and can't wait to hear more! Enjoy your first official day at work :-)

Tiny 6:56 AM  

So glad to hear you arrived safely! Can't wait to hear more about your adventure!!!

Mickey D. 7:22 AM  

How very thoughtful of all of them. Quite a lot of activity for midnight!

Glad to hear you're safe. Have a great first day!

Ky • twopretzels.com 10:30 PM  

(You guys are sweet. Thank you for commenting.)

Post a Comment