No deseo hablar español. (I don't want to speak spanish)

>> Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So, I thought being surrounded by all of this Spanish-speaking would compel me to listen and learn.

Nope, I find myself just blocking it out.

That can't be good. (But, it is only day two.)

--

Way too early this a.m., Mena (my sister's housekeeper) asked me if spoke Spanish.

I said, "a bit." She then proceeded to give me what sounded like her entire life story - all with questions at the end of each few sentences. I was like, "Huh? What? What are you saying? What are you asking me?"

She may have just asked if she could make my bed, or if she could have all of my clothes. I don't know.

I guess I'll find out after work.

1 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com 10:13 AM  

Note: The clothes were still there, but the bed was made. Communication worked out just fine.

Post a Comment