You have to hear this.
C. and I were driving down to Cabo yesterday evening on our way to Home Depot, then to get a drink and some dinner down at Baja Cantina.
C. was driving Lola (my car) cautiously behind a Polica truck. I mean, who wants to speed and do anything wrong as an ex-pat around a Mexican police officer? Not us.
Before we knew it, the POLICEMAN in front of us deposited what appeared to be a McDonald's medium coke cup OUT OF HIS WINDOW and hit our car with it.
We laughed hysterically. Awesome.
ONLY in Mexico.
>> Thursday, July 05, 2007
- Lease signed today.
- Several "fixes" need to happen before we can move in.
- We need to buy light fixtures and have them put up.
- We need to settle on the way the cabinets will look. (Cabinet trial color #1 up there. Too grey and too shiny.)
- We need to deal with the lack of water pressure.
- Waiting on Sears to deliver the washer and dryer to the importer in San Diego. Tried once, failed. Next time will be Tuesday, July 10th.
- Waiting on importer to bring rug down.
- Received the fun house stuff I ordered already.
- Must replace toilet in our bathroom, then sink and toilet in guest bathroom.
I never look at my speedometer here.
Ok, very rarely.
Yesterday, I looked at it to see how fast I was going (50 mph) and it dawned on me that here, you're speed really doesn't matter. Staying safe on the road is the key.
Yesterday, one of the resorts in San Jose (where we live) observed the U.S. plight for independence through a fireworks show.
Craig and I heard the first loud boom and decided to get up from where we were sitting to go check it out. (Note: Every Tuesday one of the resorts puts on a fireworks show, we've dubbed it "Fireworks Tuesday." Original, I know. But it's cool, I mean, they didn't do that in Toledo.) Anywho, we stood out by my sister's pool (as we are currently watching her house and dog) and watched the fireworks.
Firework #2 was beautiful.
Firework #3 was lovely.
Firework #4 was gorgeous.
Four fireworks on the 4th of July. No more. No less.
C. and I laughed.
We love living here. They acknowledged our holiday, indeed. Awesome.
>> Wednesday, July 04, 2007
- Woke up late.
- Ate a bowl of Trix.
- Did yoga.
- Talked to my Mom.
- Went down to the pool/beach from 12:30 - 4 p.m.
- Took a shower.
- Fell asleep on the couch watching the Project Runway Marathon.
- Woke up, ate tuna and eggs.
- Went over to my sister's house (watching it while she's gone) and am now blogging.
>> Tuesday, July 03, 2007
>> Sunday, July 01, 2007
Or, click here to see the dotphoto album thumbnails. (May be faster than the show above.)
I have been looking forward to today for several reasons.
1.) I like Sundays
2.) I like to go treasure hunting at the beach
3.) I am solar powered and require sunshine at least once per week. (Yes, I wear like SPF 40 on my face.)
Anywho - there's no sunshine today.
Today is one of the six days a year that Cabo is overcast. Sad.