Is there ONE trustworthy car transporting company?

>> Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ok, so I'm searching for a reputable car transporting company to take my car from the Glass City to San Diego, to the important agency. (Then the important agency will bring my car down to Cabo.) Reputable is the key word, here.

I had this whole plan to go with X company. Well, I looked up X company on the Better Business Bureau website (why didn't I do this sooner?!?!) and they had an "F" rating. I'm not kidding. An "F."

The top 3 google search results for auto transport companies all came up with more than 26 complaints registered against them - if indeed they were even found on the bbb.org website.

So, I've spent the last several hours looking for other companies on google, checking them out on bbb.org, then submitting my info to their online quote forms.

I've gotten one back for $1,145.08 from an auto transporter in Tustin, CA. They've got an "A" rating at bbb.org. However, it looks like they've only been in business for two years. Is that something to be leary of? Yikes.

And, there was a spelling error in the return email. "Aren't" was spelled "arent." Oh geez. I'm getting really nervous.

And confused. I certainly don't want to send my car on some crazy truck with some crazy back-woods driver. You know what I mean?

C. made the sensitive comment that he's glad that my car is being sent first. That way we can "test it out." Nice. And thank you for that.

So, anyone know an auto transport company? Have any suggestions? Opinions?

Off to bed now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment