My Own Reality

>> Saturday, September 30, 2006

I can't believe I'm here.

I cannot believe that I no longer work at Owens Community College.
I cannot believe that I'm living in CABO SAN LUCAS, Mexico.
I can't believe I have a JOB in Mexico.
I cannot believe any of it.

I can't believe that I shop in a grocery store where EVERYTHING is all in Spanish.
I can't believe that I took pesos out of the ATM.
I can't believe that I am DRIVING in another country.

I feel like I am very much so living someone else's life. I almost feel like I'm watching someone else's life... Nothing seems real.

It's just all so foreign. Obvioiusly, the being in a new country - but every experience I've been having for the past two months is new. Literally, every experience. I'm discovering everything. It's disconcerting to not have a frame of reference, however - it's also invigorating to see and participate in so many new experiences.

Again - WHAT IS GOING ON?

Whose life am I living?

--

I think I might feel like myself as soon as C. gets here. I'm independent, yadda yadda -- I just feel so incomplete without him here. Or, after I get my own place it'll probably feel more permanent, more true.

Anywho - what a flipping surreal experience.

I live in Mexico.

W.O.W.

0 comments:

Post a Comment