Cold in Cabo

>> Sunday, October 01, 2006


Yup, I think I have my first, full-blown cold in Cabo. (C. is just getting over the same thing in Ohio.) It's weird. It's the strangest sensation to be cold, stuffy and have a sore throat when it's beautiful outside, 90 degrees and sunny.

At home if I had a cold right now, it would be about 50 degrees at night, maybe 60 during the non-sunny day. Now that is good cold weather.

I took a couple of "SinuTabs" (made by Pfizer) - needed more. Went to Mega (grocery store) they had none. (I even asked the lady at the counter - in Spanish.) So, I bought "Tylenol Sinus" that claims that it's "maxima eficacia" (maximum strength) - WHATEVER.

I still can't breathe. AT all.

I will FIND those SinuTabs and I will take them and I will breathe again.

I think I'll have to bring stuff (medicines) from The States back with me because I know what I can and can't take. For example, Sudafed is a big no-no for me. It makes my heart flutter. (Dr. said "no" to it.) However, right now, at 9:49 p.m. on a Sunday night - I'd give just about ANYTHING for some 24-hour Dristan nasal spray.

Ok, off to bed.

Oh wait - want to hear my latest trick? I've been using toilet paper as tissues for my nose - I can just stuff the used tissues in the cylinder until it's full - then throw them all away at once. I think it's ingenious. Others, well - you might think it's gross. It's working for me, though.

When Chloe was sick a month or so ago, I made her a necklace with a roll of toilet paper on it, that way, when her nose ran, her tissues were at her fingertips. She totally wore it. I wonder if they'd look at me funny if I wore that to work tomorrow.

Ok. I'm off to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment