Non-injury mouth ailments

>> Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So yesterday my lips blew up.

Call it stress, sun burned lips or poor diet (of which I have all 3) -- no matter, my lips blew up. I have, at this very moment upwards of one gazillion (about 42) small, painful blisters on my bottom lip, a.k.a. "fever blisters."

My bottom lip has swollen to twice its normal size, and if I don't say so myself, I look pretty.

So last night, C. went to the farmacia after I self-diagnosed on webmd and purchased some medications for me. In the States, they would have been prescriptions, but not here in Me-he-coe.

This morning, my lip was larger.

We went to the Dr. Overall - we had chosen the right plan of action (self-diagnoses does work), and I was prescribed an anti-inflammatory. (For my big 'ole lip. Again, I look pretty.)

Costs of the care:

* Dr. Visit: $36.00 (USD)
* Total Medications (2 different pills, 1 topical): $125.00 (USD)

Not bad.
My fears were quelled and I'm happy to have the largest bottom lip in all of Los Cabos.

For those of you who would like to make a joke at my expense, do know that one of the medications I was given (the anti-inflammatory) is called, in español: Voltarén Retard.

hahahahahahahahahaha

One must always keep laughing. Even if it hurts one's lips.

1 comments:

Wrestling Kitties 6:10 AM  

Oh, I hope you feel better - but at least your full lips look fabulous!!!

(The name of the medicine is AWESOME!!!) LOL

Post a Comment