2:54 p.m.

>> Thursday, August 31, 2006


Weather: Looks overcast. Grey. Kinda windy, but Chloe and Marianna are still swimming. It's warm.

I think we're pretty well-prepared. The men are putting the sandbags around the sliding doors right now. Then, they'll be adding the shutters.

I took a shower. I'm fresh, clean and ready to roll. I braided my hair, put on eye shadow and mascara and my favorite lotion. Hey - why not look good for John? :-)

I think the satellite went. It's got the fuzzy screen-thing happening. I, do not want to be the one to tell Chloe this. She watches, "That's so Raven," "Cheetah Girls," and "Hannah Montana" each and every second that they're on.

(It occurred to me this a.m. that I missed Project Runway last night. Ugh. Yet another reason to hate this stupid hurricane.)

So, all in all - it seems like you just wait. I think the worst part of it supposed to hit at 5 a.m. in the morning. I'll continue to post for as long as I can!

My camera broke. Ok, something is wrong with the memory card. And, ok, I think I did it. Still, horrible timing. I'm going to get that little gizmo to work and take some pics.

I'm doing pretty well at this point. T. took me for a walk up the street so that I could see the varying elevations. I'm terrified of land/mud slides. (Unless they're in a glass in front of me.) I felt better because we're far enough away from the mountains to cause a significant slide, and the grate is very slight, nearly flat. So that made me feel better.

Alright, I'm out. Going to try to fix that camera and talk to my mom and sister.

0 comments:

Post a Comment