8:08 p.m.

>> Thursday, August 31, 2006


(Click the maps to make them larger.)
Alright, here we go.

At this point, Hurricane John has been downgraded to a Level 2 storm. (Of course, it can pick up speed and increase its' category at any point.) All those Ohio prayers must be working! As I told my sister, I feel much better starting with a Category 2, as opposed to a Category 4.

By tomorrow morning we should really be feeling it, as the eye should be directly on us around 11:00 a.m.

We're sufficiently prepared and are just in "wait" mood.

I'm feeling ok. I'm much more calm and feel better. (Thank you for your support - ALL of you.) Of course, who knows how I'll be tomorrow...

Anywho, at this point, all is well.

Overall thoughts: Its' amazing that these storms change and grow and shrink all at their own whim. I'm floored by this. If you go to this map on weather.com and watch the satellite of Los Cabos, it's amazing to see how the storm has decreased in size. But, could be huge again tomorrow morning. You really just never know. Amazing.

**Random Mexico Note:**
We just got back from McDonalds and it was awesome. Why? Because my niece ordered nuggets, pronounced, "New-gets." And, on the napkins, ketchup, straw station they also include an open container of another McDonalds condiment: jalapenos. Awesome. Mexico cracks me up.

Note: The fries totally tasted like "normal" U.S. McDonald's fries. And, the ice cream is super.

0 comments:

Post a Comment