To quote the Beatles...

>> Wednesday, August 30, 2006


"It's getting better all the time..."

Today was a good day. I shall break it down into the highlights:

Emotionally: I'm improving. Not only did I not cry today, but I felt better. I think exercising, talking and taking each day at a time is helping. Plus, I'm surrounded by quite possibly the best support system ever - both physically, over the phone and via email. (Thank you.)

Hurricane: I'm interested in how Hurricane John is going to pan out. Apparently we're going to get hit. Not lightly. It's allegedly a category 3. I'm new to this whole "hurricane" business, but I can't say I'm overly comfortable with the idea. Especially after looking at this. (I keep checking the National Hurricane Center's website...) However, I'm sure all will be well. (Prayers are welcome.)

**Random Thought: Probably wasn't the best idea to check on the movement of the hurricane right before I go to bed. Nope. Probably not.

All in all: I'm excited about the job. And move.

Just as I had suspected: I miss C. tremendously. (If I could underline that, I would.) I also miss my dog.

2 comments:

Wrestling Kitties 10:21 AM  

Oh Kylee, it sounds like you are getting better each day! We are all here for you!

On the otherside I thought (having been a part of a category 3 hurricane myself that went directly over us and having friends from FL) I thought I would share some fun advice to make the time a little easier!!! Take if you like, I am not an expert...only been through one hahaha :-)

1. Have PLENTY of snack food! Make a party out of it! Get your favorite junk food, drinks, make food before that can be eaten cold if the electricity goes out...whatever! Just make sure you have everything you would need for a good day/night of entertaining!

2. Plenty of games! Get TONS of games! In FL. all we had were some coloring books, crayons and cards! When you do not have electricity for an entire day, it makes things a little boring with nothing to do! So make sure there are plenty of fun and different activities to keep your racing mind occupied!

3. If you have a portable DVD player, those are great if the power goes out and can easily take up a few hours of your time!

4. Have fun with your friends and family, and by the sounds of it THAT won't be a problem! Enjoy the time and make the most of the situation...it is a great bonding experience!

5. Of course you need the essentials..batteries, water, all that stuff & make sure your phone is charged fully the night before...but you knew that!

Everything will be fine and good for you for keeping busy!

Ky • twopretzels.com 10:42 AM  

Jenn,

You are awesome. Quite honestly, now that it's a Category 4 - I'm terrified. I've never been through one of these, and I'm not sure I ever care to.

:-(

Ah well.

I'll keep you posted.

A hug to you,
Kylee

Post a Comment