We are going to get smoked

>> Wednesday, August 30, 2006

(Click on the image to make it larger.)

This is not how I thought my first week in Cabo would be.

At this point Hurricane John is coming RIGHT at us. If you take a look at the map above, you'll see that by Friday early a.m. we should be getting POUNDED. (We're the tip of that peninsula.)

I'm attempting to see if I can catch a flight out. As of right now, I still don't have all of my VISA/FM3 paperwork finished. That means that if I want to leave the country, I have to have a special "letter" from immigration that will allow me to board a plane out of MX.

I've requested a letter, (as did my sister who is in the process of becoming a Mexican citizen, so she doesn't have her VISA either.), and hope to get it ASAP tomorrow a.m. If I get the letter - and the airport is open, I'll leave. (I've got a flight on hold.)

If I get the letter and the airport is closed, well, then - I'm going to experience my first Level 4 hurricane.

As it turns out, I'm beyond frightened. However, I'm a strong faith-ed person, so I'm trusting that God will sort all of this nonsense out. I'm here, in Cabo, for a reason, no doubt.

EW.

(Wow, what a first week.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment