1:09 a.m.

>> Friday, September 01, 2006



At this point the rain should be starting any time now.

According to the forecasts, the eye should be hitting us hardest at around 11:00 a.m. Cabo time. (1:00 p.m. T-town time.) Again, I think we're as ready as we'll ever be.

Emotionally, I'm nervous. Not really anticipating the whole, "experience-a-hurricane-your-first-week-here" thing. However, what can you do? When one moves to Los Cabos during hurricane season, one should expect it. (According to my sister, the area is actually due for some good ones.)

At this point, I think that tomorrow, well - I guess today, is going to be a LONG day.

--

When this is all said and done, I'd really like to just lay in the sun.

--

You know, I'm not afraid of the hurricane. I'm not afraid of the storms. I'm not even afraid of the thunder, lightening or waves crashing - I'm most afraid of not being able to communicate to C. that I'm ok. That I'm alright.

You know - that man never ceases to amaze me. Throughout this whole week I've been anything but stable. What with the new job, the move, and the distance and all....

Then - this whole "hurricane" thing arises and I'm that much more nervous. Still, my husband is there, all the while being sensitive, caring, encouraging, positive and most of all loving. Quite frankly - Hurricane John is once again underscoring that I married the right man. Seriously, I'm so blessed.

--

Ok, kids. I'm off to bed. (Yeah, as if I'm going to sleep. I'm more than likely going to go "shopping online." Why wouldn't I want to buy some shoes online and ship them home to C.?)

--

Last year at this time, I was preparing to go to Chicago for Jimmy Buffett's "Labor Day Weekend show." I got my hush puppies on, I guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll...

--

Hasta Luego!

0 comments:

Post a Comment